24 November 2015, Sydney
Agile is becoming the core framework for developing mobile, web or ecommerce builds. But it’s not the only one. Whatever the development methodology used, the project manager plays a pivotal role in delivering a successful project for the agency or within a corporate.
The agile project manager is required to have great communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills. In fact, the most desired skill when recruiting project managers is stakeholder management and great communication skills. Next is digital understanding and financial management.
Each project demands a different approach, depending on technical complexity, budget and resources. You, as the project manager, choose the right tool for the job and. We help project managers develop their soft skills so they become effective facilitators and communicators.
After this one-day course you’ll know when to use agile (and when not) and have the confidence, knowledge and tools & techniques needed to deliver a successful project from start to finish. Learn how to manage change, collaborate and deal confidently with the team and stakeholders.
Key topics covered
- Overview of a project: key stages and milestones
- Defining success
- Project methodologies. When to choose waterfall, Prince2 or agile
- Agile principles & responsibilities
- The role of the project manager in agile projects
- Effective client & stakeholder management and communication
- Project economics and reporting
- Staying in control and identifying risks and issues
- Experiences and tips from the expert panel (agency & client side)
- Project close-out and handover
- Manage your career
You will learn how to:
- Be an effective project manager in agile projects
- Identify red flags and mitigate risk
- Deliver bad news and recover from problems
- Build key milestones in to your schedule and deliver a profitable project
- Implement essential tools, templates and documentation for project control
Who should attend
This course is an introduction to project management and is particularly valuable if you are:
- A project manager, producer, general manager or operations director in a digital agency new to managing agile projects
- A project manager in a corporate wanting to understand how to work with agile development teams internally
“…Digital project leaders need an additional set of skills, different governance mechanisms and the ability to work with a separate group of technology partners.” Gartner 2014
Project managers are responsible for leading the project, and therefore need to develop the confidence to choose the right tools to suit the project. Agile methodology is not always the best option. Working with agile demands a lot from the agency and from the client, and therefore has the potential for increased risk. After this one-day course PMs will know when to use agile, how to be more efficient through monitoring and control processes, to mitigate risk and to deliver a successful project.
AIMIA members$798 + GST
Non members $958 + GST
Your investment includes morning and afternoon refreshments, lunch and course workbook and references.
Your workshop leader:
Vishy Narayanan is a powerful and highly engaging speaker combining deep practical experience in project management with extensive theoretical knowledge.
He is a leading online strategist with global experience spanning over 16 years, and his unique strength lies in his ability to combine strong commercial business acumen with proven ability in the architecture, delivery and management of innovative online programs for leading global organisations.
Prior to joining Cochlear, where he is the Head of Online, Vishy was the National Practice Director for Deloitte’s Online Consulting practice responsible for overseeing revenue, strategy, thought leadership and delivery for this service line.
As an early technology adopter, his passion is “Using the Internet for Greater Good in a Commercially Sensible Manner”. He enjoys training and mentoring budding Project Managers in the art of managing digital projects profitably while never losing sight of the need to have fun in the process!
Where is it?
Address: Level 6, 100 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Date: Tuesday 24 Nov 2015
Time: 8:15 AM to 4:30 PM (training starts at 8:30 AM)M)